The Colorado Optometric Association (COA) is searching for an Executive Director to lead a team of three association professionals to implement the strategic goals and manage the operations of the organization. The search is being conducted by Association Options on behalf of COA. Visit our website at https://colorado.aoa.org for more information about who we are and the members that we serve.
Please read the complete COA executive director profile prior to applying.
- Implement the strategic goals of COA set by the Board
- Build and develop strong relationships with COA’s volunteer leaders, members, and other external stakeholders including elected officials
- Create an inclusive and open team culture
- Lead and develop a team that is highly capable, nimble, and success-oriented
- Lead the analysis of continuous improvement and breakthrough change opportunities and make recommendations to the Board
- Serve as the primary spokesperson for the association
- Represent COA at organizational events
- Foster and grow existing relationships with elected officials and other community leaders
- Oversee daily operations of the organization within the constraints of the annual budget
- In cooperation with the Executive Committee, develops, recommends, and presents an annual budget at the annual membership meeting
- 5+ years of experience in association management and serving in a leadership role
- Proven track record of working successfully with healthcare nonprofits or related organizations
- Passion for leading and developing strategic goals including growing revenue and value
- Business mindset, including financial management, budget preparation, and implementation and forecasting
- Relationship building skills to cultivate and maintain engagement with the Board, members, and other volunteers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree and CAE designation is preferred
- Availability for occasional travel and required after-hours work/events including some weekends
- Resides in Greater Denver Metro Area or willingness to relocate
Your application must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. The position will remain open until filled. Questions? Contact Meggan Teague at firstname.lastname@example.org.