American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
Senior Manager, Meeting Planning and Events
- Ability to see the impact your work has on the future of a medical profession
- Be part of a season of innovation within our association
- Supportive and engaging leadership
- Hybrid opportunity with renovated office close to O’Hare and public transportation
The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS) is searching for a Senior Manager, Meeting Planning & Events to add to our team. Visit our website at www.acfas.org for more information about who we are and the medical community that we serve.
- Provides overall project management for the ACFAS portfolio of events.
- Works with ACFAS leadership to identify performance opportunities to enhance the quality of all ACFAS events as part of the overall portfolio.
- Deliver excellent customer service to ACFAS members, meeting attendees, vendors, and other staff members while always representing the College in a professional manner.
- Manages budget and proposes judicious financial plans, provides regular updates and communicates variances.
- Manages vendor selection and contract negotiations and serves as liaison with vendors and venues and manages their performance and delivery of services/products.
- Conducts site selection visits and planning trips and negotiations with convention center contracts, including rates and space, for appropriate meetings.
- Manages all aspects of the production of assigned events and activities including decorator, AV, catering, signage, security, staffing, and on-site event logistics, VIP, and speakers, and collaborates with multi-departmental teams as needed.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with precision and attention to detail while continually finding ways to improve processes to produce higher quality events with more effective results.
- Cross-train with other staff on the Education team to perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Education Curriculum and Alliances.
- 5+ years of experience in live and virtual event strategy and execution for city-wide conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree is required and professional certification (CAE, CMP, DES) is preferred.
- Detailed-oriented, results-driven and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently and to be part of a collaborative team.
Please apply online at https://associationoptions.com/job-openings/acfas. Your application must include a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. The position will remain open until filled.
We’re All About People
By definition, an association is a group of people organized for a joint purpose. In ACFAS’s case, we are 8,000 foot and ankle surgeons. Our team of 17 employees is passionate about advancing the College’s mission on behalf of our members. Our members come from all walks of life and so does our team. We embrace the diversity of our members and employees, acknowledging that each brings valuable expertise and unique perspectives, who help build an inclusive culture of thoughts and ideas from which we can learn from.
Our team is committed to fostering a positive work environment that builds on trust and respect at all levels within the organization. In addition to embracing inclusion and diversity within our team, additional team values keenly focus on effective communications, accountability for outcomes, and empowering innovation in our work. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our organization stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for mission-driven success, we welcome you to apply for this role.
Questions? Contact Meggan Teague at email@example.com.